In this article, we will discuss “How to Create a Windows 10 Bootable USB Fast“. We figure out how to create a bootable USB flash drive in order to be able to quickly restore the health of Windows 10. Windows 10 is the most secure and stable operating system. However, there are a number of scenarios when you may need to restore or completely reinstall the OS on an emergency basis.
The reasons for Windows 10 failure can be:
- Malware and viruses
- Damage to registries due to user intervention
- Drive failure or partial loss of information on the hard drive
- Incorrect installation or removal of unlicensed applications
- Power outage during the system update.
Whatever the reasons, the user will have to urgently restore the working capacity of a desktop computer or laptop, and a bootable flash drive will help with this. It is recommended to create it in advance and save it in case of an emergency.
Are the parameters of the flash drive important?
The main requirement in Windows 10 Bootable is to put forward a storage medium with a USB interface volume. Microsoft recommends using at least 8 GB of storage. However, in order to avoid failures, it is better to take a flash drive of 16 GB or more.
Before starting work on creating a bootable flash drive, the device should be formatted by setting the FAT-32 file system in the settings. The procedure should be performed through the appropriate command in the context menu to the flash drive through the My Computer service. And the formatting itself should be carried out in the standard mode, unchecking the “Quick” line. Please note that all data from the media will be deleted, so copy valuable information to a computer or other media in advance.
How to Create a Windows 10 Bootable USB Fast?
There are several ways to create a Windows 10 bootable USB drive:
Using the Microsoft utility
To create a bootable drive, Microsoft recommends its own Media Creation Tool or MCT utility, which can be downloaded from the official website. To work, in addition to the flash drive itself, you will need a stable connection to the Internet. If there are communication problems, the image will contain errors, which will lead to system installation failures.
- To work, first, connect the USB flash drive to the PC, and only then run the utility. The first time you start, you must accept the license terms.
- The first step is to select the command to create an installation flash drive. The utility automatically scans the system and selects the architecture and language according to the version installed on the PC. Therefore, if a bootable USB flash drive is created for the same computer, you do not need to make a change, if for another, uncheck the recommended settings and select the desired architecture, and, if necessary, the language.
- The next step in Windows 10 Bootable is to select the type of media, specify the USB device, and then select the USB flash drive on which you plan to burn the image from the list provided. You will have to wait a bit, and after the process is completed, close the utility with the “Finish” button. The image will be written to the flash drive, checked for errors, and ready to use. And the system will automatically delete the temporary folders from the computer that were used for copying.
Download the ISO image from the official website
There are two methods to download the boot file image. One of them involves downloading unofficial versions through third-party resources, which is fraught with problems during installation and infection of the system with viruses. Therefore, we strongly do not recommend it and will not consider it.
To download the official version, you will need the same MCT utility, and the procedure is almost identical. The difference will be only in the choice of carrier. In the corresponding window, instead of a USB flash drive, mark the ISO file, then select the download folder and wait for the procedure to complete.
Using an ISO image using various utilities, you can create a bootable USB flash drive at any time:
UltraISO is a simple and affordable program with good user reviews, which can be downloaded for free from the developer’s website. Before starting the process of Windows 10 Bootable, using the same program, you can also format the USB flash drive.
Rufus is a multifunctional application that is noted by users as the fastest of its kind and logically understandable.
WinSetupFromUSB is a utility for writing an image to a drive with a multi-boot function.
Checking the created bootable flash drive
After the bootable USB flash drive is created, it will not be superfluous to check it. To do this, you can use the MobaLiveCD utility, which is provided free of charge by the developer. The utility interface is in English, but we will analyze all the steps in detail:
We launch the utility as an administrator and select the “Run the Live USB” command, next to which a flash drive is drawn.
In the window that opens, select the name of the flash drive that we want to check and click “OK”.
After that, the message “Press any key to boot from CD / DVD” should appear. It means that the flash drive is operational and ready to boot.
If the boot data is written incorrectly on the flash drive, the error message “No bootable device” will appear.
After that, cancel the installation and close the utility.
Now you see that creating a bootable USB flash drive is easy and fast. By following simple steps, you get the opportunity to restore the system in case of failure.
And if you are the happy owner of a new, freshly assembled desktop computer, the most profitable and convenient option would be to buy the Russian-language Box version of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro. They give the right to use the Windows 10 operating system with this device for an unlimited period of time and the kit already comes with a flash drive with the distribution kit instead of the usual disk. If you like our article “How to Create a Windows 10 Bootable USB Fast” don’t forget to share it.